Monday, February 14, 2011

valentines day

inspired by a dear friend's blog, i decided to post a picture of nic and i's "first date". thinking back on this day, i find myself in an uncontrollable smile and remnants of butterflies linger in the pit of my stomach. oh how i love this man and all the crazy things he does.

it was a fall evening on k-state's campus in manhattan, ks, and my RA (whom i later married) needed to "borrow" hay bales for an event he was putting together for our dorm floor. i somehow manipulated my way into getting him to ask me to go with him.



we pulled up to the well staked out site, grabbed a photo and a few hay bails and went back to the dorms. before you think this man isn't a romantic, i should note that this definitely wasn't our first "official" date. i suppose it was the first time it was just us. doing something only us has a memory of. :)

happy valentines day! ok, i'd better get back to work now.

1 comment: