Sunday, July 8, 2012

Alaskan morning together

Lots of thoughts, great morning conversations, family, serenity, relaxation.

We flew into Alaska and stayed at a hotel after 11 hours on a plane and nearly 24 hours of traveling. The following morning we gals souvenir shopped at the downtown anchorage market and arrived at the cabin awaiting our gentlemen. Sprucing up the place we picked wild flowers and decorated with evergreens. I don't think the guys noticed our efforts, but it was a joy to do none-the-less.

I am reminded again of the importance of Christian community to help us reorient our hearts. In this mornings' conversation I realized how much I bend towards selfishness not sanctification. This morning Bob made a true statement about the Lord's prayer, you now the part that says deliver us from evil. As often it is portrayed as, "oh, God deliver me from all those evil people", when perhaps it rather should be prayed as deliver me from my evilness, sanctify me now, and teach me how to love "all those evil people". Perspective.

Today we relax, maybe take some walks, as I get to enjoy the blessing of Nic's company and thankful that God planned these next few days for us to be together. So thankful we are here together.

Us and our view from the master suite.

Love to all from Alaska.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment