Monday, June 10, 2013

Boy/Girl Twins Baby Shower

I've recently discovered that I love love love throwing baby showers. The idea of a baby shower brings me such joy. I think it is wonderful for friends to gather and celebrate a new little life that we haven't even met yet. We get to love on the family by providing for them and letting the soon to be mama know that we love her and are here to help.

Our dear friends are having their first babies soon, boy/girl twins! The mama is a reader, so a book themed shower was perfect for her. The invitations for the shower were designed around classic fictional brother/sister characters depicted as babies, Jack and Jill, Raggedy Ann and Andy, & Dick and Jane. My husband is a talented artist. The drawings were done digitally by him, and I printed and assembled them. Beneath each drawing is the year the characters were "born". The final drawing is of the boy/girl twins to arrive in 2013. 

The drawings are also going to be used in the little ones' nursery. :)




Thanks to the help of many friends (especially my wonderful friend ever who watched our little linc so I could focus) we got the house decorated.

Flowers are a must.



I made book page streamers out of colorful ribbon and hung them over the dessert table. You can find really cheap old books at the salvation army. I think this one cost me $.50.


The mantel was decorated with some wooden blocks stacked like books, fun kid toys, paper garland repurposed from my baby shower (thanks friend!), and some coral and green (nursery colors) card stock quickly transformed with the help of a stapler into books displayed in a lantern. Doesn't everyone display books in a lantern??? It worked for me.




As favors, I used 4oz mason jars filled with M&Ms. To give the family a keepsake, the guests wrote down little thoughts or prayers for the two babies to read someday. They are stored in "wish jars". Oh, and not only can my husband draw digitally, he also created this masterpiece using chalk. So amazing.






It was such a fun afternoon! I loved celebrating this lovely lady and her two kiddos with people who love her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment